Saturday 30 April 2011

SITS Girl's Comment Hour

Last Thursday morning, I took part in the SITS Girls Comment Hour, a Twitter Party which takes place every Wednesday night/Thursday morning at 6:30pm PST, 9:30pm EST, and 2:30am in my timezone, GMT.  You can see the permanent link to this in my sidebar.

Essentially, during Comment Hour, 25 blogs are linked to, by the SITS Girls, osvme and UnicornBeauty, and everyone goes to explore them (and hopefully, doesn't crash the servers).  The blogs are selected randomly from those which were submitted in the days beforehand (details are all in that post I linked to waaaaaay back in that first sentence).

A lot of bloggers seemed to be mommy bloggers this week, and, while it's interesting to get a glimpse at a totally different life, I probably won't be checking back regularly.  I'm just not the target audience.  Several people were talking about religion, due to Easter, and, again, I'm just not the right person to be reading those. It was great fun having a nose around, though!


I found some nice recipes I want to veganise over at Skinny Mom's Kitchen (those mini freezer pops!  Strawberries, soya milk, and soy yoghurt?  Cornflour-thickened rice milk?  Just plain non-dairy milk and berries?  Shouldn't be too hard!).  She has some great tips on freezer cooking, and eating healthily in a variety of situations, too.

Another recipe I want to veganise is Miss-ology's savoury oats.  I'm thinking those spices will work with seitan sausages.  It'll be interesting to find out!

I also quite liked a Book for My Daughter, a blog about one lady's experiences as a parent.  I'm nowhere close to being a mother (which is why you got such a quick overview of most of the mommy blogs!), but there are some lovely sweet moments described here.

My Life is a good read, too.  It's written by the hopefully, soon to be, midwife-in-training, Rose's daughter, about her life in general.

Amy's Assorted Adventures in Africa is an excellent blog, written by Amy, who runs an orphanage in Zambia.  It's such a keen insight into a world that I, at least, haven't had much exposure to.

Chloe's Mom is just starting a project on depression, Project Optimist, and it'll be interesting to see how that comes out.

Finally, I really like It's Blogworthy.  She's so funny that I just don't care that I have no experience with what she's talking about.

If you want to take part in next week's Comment Hour Twitter Party, then just be on Twitter at 6:30pm PST, 9:30pm EST, or 2:30am GMT next Wednesday night or Thursday morning, and look for people using the #CommentHour tag.  Personally, I use TweetChat, but there are many other programs designed to help you keep up with Twitter Parties.  If you want to sign up for a chance to be featured, then you'll be able to find the right thread in this forum early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...