Wednesday 6 April 2011

Little Bites of Heaven

I am not exaggerating. These things are amazing. They are so delicious, I could just sit there and nom my way through a batch or two, all by myself. And they're simple, too!

Each mouthful is crunchy, soft, sweet, and chocolatey, for reals.  Also, quite low calorie.


Ingredients
(makes 14)
  • 20g Cereal (I used Tesco Special Flakes again)
  • 3 Tablespoons chunky peanut butter (Tesco wholenut)
  • 12 Glacé cherries - about 50g.
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder (Bournville doesn't contain whey).
  • 2 Teaspoons of non-dairy milk (I used soya, and these were sweet enough, but oat or rice milk would be interesting too).

  1. Crush the cereal and chop the cherries.  Put them both in a bowl, and use a fork to mix them with the peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon of the cocoa powder.
  2. Add as much of the milk as necessary to make all the crumbs stick together.
  3. Scoop out the mixture, half a tablespoon at a time, and roll in the rest of the cocoa powder to coat.
  4. Try not to eat them all at once.

Using half a tablespoon, I get 14 every time.  According to the recipe calculator on MFP, that's 38 calories, 5g of carbs, 1g of protein, 2g of fat, and 3g of sugar per portion.

I wasn't kidding about 4, by the way.  That picture was going to be of all fourteen, but I accidentally ate six of them before I remembered to take it.  They're good for sharing, too.  If you didn't mind getting sticky, you could make them into heart shapes and put them in little red or pink cases for valentines day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...