Monday 11 April 2011

Graze

So, a few days ago, I got my Graze box, which I mentioned a few posts ago.  It was a lovely day, so I took myself off into town, with my ridiculous sunhat, my graze box, and some apples, to have an impromptu picnic in Pigeon Park.

Just to recap; Graze is a company that will send you a box of snacks, for £3.49 a box, each with four things in it.  You can set them to come every week or every fortnight, order boxes on a whim, or push back deliveries to a better time.  You can also bring them forward, but you do need to give a bit of notice - about two days, if I recall correctly.


All the snacks are healthy, natural things, like nuts, and dried fruit or berries.  All the food is vegetarian, and there's an option you can click on to veto ('bin') all non-vegan options (and yes, honey is not-vegan, as far as they're concerned).  You can see the full range here.

Generally, you can get your first box half price, but you can get the first one free and the second one half price by using the code 14Y9DGY (if you use the link above, it should already be filled in).

In my free box, I got Bakewell Tart (almonds, dried cranberries, and cherry-infused raisins), Jaffa Cake (dark chocolate buttons, roasted hazelnuts, and orange-infused raisins), Love Mix (dried cherries, dried goji berries - which I'd never tried before - and dried apricots), and Eldorado (dried cranberries, hazelnuts, and dark chocolate-coated cocoa beans).

I like almonds and dried cranberries, and the cherry infused raisins were gorgeous.  I liked Jaffa Cake a lot more than I expected, considering I never really liked jaffa cakes as an omni.  Mouthfuls of dark chocolate, roasted hazelnuts, and orange-infused raisins are absolutely wonderful.  SO yummy, like wow.

I've made a rule to try everything I'm capable of eating (since I used to be fussy, and I'm always working on breaking that!).   You can rate items, before or after you receive them, as bin (never send), like, try, or love, and you can set your options to focus on trying items, or on just getting items you like or love.  I'm not rating items (except the non-vegan ones as 'bin', obviously) until after I've actually eaten them.  It worked pretty well - I might have avoided jaffa cake, if it had been up to me.  I might even have avoided Eldorado (which I will get to shortly).

It was in this spirit that I tried Love Mix.  I'm not the biggest fan of dried apricots - I find them too chewy - and, it turns out, I'm not too fond of goji berries either.  Good to know though, right?  It was good, it just wasn't quite to my taste.

Ridiculous Sunhat and big smile!
Eldorado, on the other hand...

To be honest, I was a bit nervous about trying it.  For some reason, I kept thinking of coffee beans, instead of cocoa beans, which didn't help.  I kind of thought it would be really bitter, like some 70% cocoa solid chocolate bars.

I was wrong though.  The dark chocolate is lush, and the cocoa beans...oh wow, they were all crispy, and chocolatey, and YUM.  Like chocolate squared.  And the cranberries and hazelnuts didn't go down too badly, either.

I'm really looking forward to my next Graze box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...