Wednesday 20 April 2011

Cherry Maple Cupcakes For Two

The quality isn't great, no - it's nearly midnight, and I'm hungry!
I'm a big fan of the idea that you can eat as much junk food as you like, as long as you make it from scratch (come to think of it, I think I got that concept from Rachel Wilkerson).  On that note, I was pretty excited when this recipe from the Happy Herbivore popped up on my twitterfeed.  It's for a single serving blueberry muffin, and it's what I would have made if I'd had a muffin case, or pastry flour, or blueberries, or agave syrup, or the energy to go to Tesco.



This is what I actually made.

Ingredients

  • 3 Tablespoons Wholemeal Plain Flour
  • 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
  • 1 Tablespoon Soya Milk
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 20g Glacé Cherries (8-10)
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

1.  Preheat oven to gas mark 4.  Mix all ingredients together, and divide between cupcake cases (I got two).
2.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.

I liked that the Happy Herbivore's version served one, since that stops me eating cake for a week straight, but I also like that I get two cupcakes out of it.  That way, I can give one to Anthony, if I want.  I didn't today, so I ate both of them.  They were absolutely yummilicious.

Mine came out to 85 calories each, 18g of carbs, 2g of protein, 1g of fat (from the flour), 13g of sugar, and 1g of fibre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...