Saturday 20 November 2010

Chocolate

Tescos sells a small range of vegan chocolate bars!  And, by small, I mean 'three', and two kinds of chocolate buttons.  But they are tasty, and cheap at 85p for the bars and 42p for the buttons.

Oh, idea!  I can add the buttons to my tofu cheesecake!  I always loved cheesecake at school, with its chocolate button on each slice.

Oooh.  They also have vegan whipping cream.   Also worth considering.

Finally, their own brand bourbon biscuits are only 42p, and are listed as being suitable for vegetarians.  The ingredients list seems vegan, but includes 'natural flavour', which I am suspicious of.

"Wheat Flour,Sugar ,Vegetable Oil ,Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder ,Glucose Syrup ,Dextrose ,Wheat Starch , Raising Agents (Ammonium Bicarbonate, Sodium Bicarbonate) ,Salt ,Natural Flavouring."

The only allergens listed are wheat, and that they're made in a nut-using factory.

I am in a cheesecake kind of mood.  But it's cold outside, and the Chinese supermarket is a bus journey and a walk away.

Also, the other day, I made another kind of peanut butter oat burger.  I highly reduced the peanut butter, but raised the marmite, which gave it a flame-grilled cheeseburger kind of taste.  I used cumin instead of caraway.  The only problem was, getting it all to mix in properly.

Also, David and I broke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...