Tuesday 16 November 2010

Banana-Berry Muffins

The other day, I was reading this list of egg substitutes, which mentions using a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of mashed banana instead of an egg. That reminded me of this recipe, which I made as an omni. I decided to experiment.

Ingredients;

150g (5oz) fresh or dried blueberries
100g (4oz) sugar (I used demerara)
100g (4oz) dairy-free margarine (I used Pure's sunflower oil spread)
300g (11oz) self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1 large banana, mashed (I used a potato masher)
1tsp vanilla extract
140ml (1/4 pint) milk

  1. Cream the butter and sugar.
  2. Add the mashed banana, and mix in.
  3. Add the milk and vanilla extract (it will look disgusting at this point).
  4. Fold in the flour, and add the blueberries.
  5. Spoon into cake cases and bake at gas mark 3 for half an hour. 
These are delicious.  They have a faint tang of banana, which is nice.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...