150g (5oz) fresh or dried blueberries
100g (4oz) sugar (I used demerara)
100g (4oz) dairy-free margarine (I used Pure's sunflower oil spread)
300g (11oz) self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
1 large banana, mashed (I used a potato masher)
1tsp vanilla extract
140ml (1/4 pint) milk
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the mashed banana, and mix in.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract (it will look disgusting at this point).
- Fold in the flour, and add the blueberries.
- Spoon into cake cases and bake at gas mark 3 for half an hour.