- Cook some pasta in very salty water.
- When the pasta is nearly done, put a nob of vegan margarine into another saucepan (a 'nob' here meaning a lump about the size of an egg. And another half an egg).
- Add a teaspoon of marmite, and melt.
- Add a tablespoon of the pasta water.
- Drain pasta, mix together, eat.
It tastes a lot like pasta and cheese - it has a sharp tang, very reminiscent of cheddar, and the oil in the margarine helps, too. Not terribly healthy, but I guess you could put broccoli in there too.
Speaking of which, I gave blood the other day, and my iron was way higher than it was as an omni. I blame the broccoli. I'm also losing weight still; down from nearly eleven stone to 9 stone 5, this morning at least. That's as much as I weighed at sixteen.