Thursday 16 December 2010

Marmite Pasta

Adapted from this recipe by Nigella Lawson.  And by "adapted", I mean I didn't bother to measure stuff, and I made it vegan.

  1. Cook some pasta in very salty water.
  2. When the pasta is nearly done, put a nob of vegan margarine into another saucepan (a 'nob' here meaning a lump about the size of an egg.  And another half an egg).
  3. Add a teaspoon of marmite, and melt.  
  4. Add a tablespoon of the pasta water.
  5. Drain pasta, mix together, eat.

It tastes a lot like pasta and cheese - it has a sharp tang, very reminiscent of cheddar, and the oil in the margarine helps, too.  Not terribly healthy, but I guess you could put broccoli in there too.

Speaking of which, I gave blood the other day, and my iron was way higher than it was as an omni. I blame the broccoli.  I'm also losing weight still; down from nearly eleven stone to 9 stone 5, this morning at least.  That's as much as I weighed at sixteen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...