Potatoes - as much as you want to eat. I find that one baking-potato-sized potato is good for two people
Oil (I use sunflower)
Seasonings - just salt is fine, but pepper and other things are good too. I like my Garlic Italian spice, which is a mixture of nummy things.
- Cut the potato into pieces, and place into a microwave proof dish.
- Pour some oil over, and season liberally. Shake to coat.
- Cover with cling film, and microwave for three minutes. If you don't poke holes in the clingfilm, it will do this terrifying vacuum-forming thing, but that shouldn't hurt the potatoes. It is alarming, though.
- Shake, add more seasoning if desired, and microwave for another three minutes.
- The potato pieces should be cooked through by now (try the stab test). If they're not, just microwave a bit more.
- Fry pieces for a few minutes until crispy. Don't add any more oil. They may try to stick, so have a spatula handy to keep them in motion.
Also good as a snack (but so unhealthy...). Try frying them with onions. I haven't done that yet, but I bet it would be delicious.