Saturday 1 January 2011

Seasoned Peanuts

Real quick.

Ingredients

Plain Peanuts (I bought mine from the Chinese supermarket)
Seasonings (I used a pre-mixed Garlic Italian herbs seasoning, and a bit of salt and pepper, but play around with it.)
A drizzle of oil (I used olive).

I made this as a snack, because I needed the fat and protein, and because plain peanuts are boring, while salted peanuts are too salty.  I eyeballed all the measurements, so have fun with it.

  1. Drizzle with olive oil.  Only like a teaspoon, or even half a teaspoon.
  2. Sprinkle with seasonings.  I used like half a tablespoon of the Garlic Italian herbs, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
  3. Shake it like a polaroid picture.  (Pro-tip - put a piece of kitchen towel or some clingfilm or something over the top. Or, you could just shake it more carefully).
I'm tempted to try a version drizzled with hazelnut oil, and seasoned with cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.  Maybe use actual hazelnuts for that?  Would be interesting.

If you smashed them up a bit first (pestle and morter, or plastic bag and rolling bin) you'd have a greater ratio of seasoning to peanuts.  Just a thought.  Get them too small, though, and the bits would be hard to eat.

Nomnomnom

This also works for popcorn, but that wouldn't have as much protein or fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...