This may seem really obvious, but, personally, it's something I didn't figure out until recently.
|See how foamy that is?|
- 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Demerara Sugar
- Non-Dairy Milk (to fill mug)
- Place the cocoa powder and sugar into your mug. Add a tiny bit of non-dairy milk - something like a tablespoon is plenty - and mix into a paste. Add more milk, slowly, stirring constantly, until your mug is about 4/5's full.
- Microwave for one minute, stir. Repeat. Top up with cooler milk, if desired.
- If you don't mix it into a paste first, it's a lot harder to get the lumps out.
- You could heat the milk on the stove-top, but I always manage to burn it that way.
- You can make it with hot water, instead of milk. In that case, add a tiny bit of boiled water, mix into a paste, and then add the rest. Otherwise, lumps.
- Don't try to save time by microwaving it for two minutes in a row, as it may become superheated and explode.
- You could also add a tablespoon of peanut butter, some ground almonds, or some jelly tots (but that last one would be weird).
- I used unsweetened cocoa powder and unsweetened soya milk, which is why I used quite a lot of sugar. Use less, if you like.