Wednesday 1 September 2010

Preparation

I spent some time browsing vegan cookbooks in Waterstones this morning, to get an idea of what I'm letting myself in for.  Surprisingly, it doesn't seem too bad.

What I'll miss most, I suspect, are desserts.  Yummy little things with whipped cream, and chocolate.  Cheesecake.  Ice cream.  Giving up meat wasn't too bad, but giving up those things will hurt.

So, I was quite pleased to find books like Cathe Olson's 'Lick It' and Sharon Valencik's Sweet Utopia.  There are also a number of books with recipes for vegan cupcakes, which is handy, since I like baking (there were so many that I didn't bother to note down any titles, especially since there are blogs out there too).

A few other books that looked interesting were Devra Gartenstein's The Accidental Vegan and Lauren Ulm's Vegan Yum-Yum (if I recall correctly, that was the one with the vegan worcestershire sauce recipe).  Ulm's blog can be found here.

I also found Living Vegan for Dummies, which was exactly the kind of guide I wanted to read (I presume - I haven't read it yet).  I borrowed that one from the library, where it was under health, rather than cookbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...